Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Day 2 - Activity 3



Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]
New Zealand is just one of many countries that has amazing plants and trees. In fact, the African desert is home to some pretty incredible plants, like the cactus. Some cacti are able to survive on as little as 3 millilitres (ml) of water a day. Wow!
Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.
Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?
On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora George!

    My name is Daniel and I am commenting for the Summer Learning Journey. I like the way you showed your working out - the font you used looks really cool! I also like how you remembered to add the milliliter symbol (ML) in your working out. Maybe next time you could do your working out in a video - I think that would make your blog post just a little bit more interesting. How do you think a cactus is able to survive on just 3mls of water a day? I know I could never do that. Keep up the amazing work George!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete