Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 2

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries, and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.
My HOMETOWN: Auckland
It is special to me because it is where my Family lives. The 2nd reason why it's so special to me because there are local dairies near me, there are a lot of delicious fast food restaurants that I have been to like Mcdonalds, KFC, Burger King, and Wendys. Auckland is special to me because there are a lot of fun places like Sylvia Park, Sky City, and many other places that I get to go to.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora George,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. I am so excited that you are joining us this summer as we learn more about the world around us.

    I enjoyed reading your description of Auckland. Auckland is also my hometown, so it is special to me too. What are some of the other fun things that you like to do in Auckland? One of my favourite things to do in Auckland is to go for walks along the sandy beaches, or climb up some the steep volcanoes.

    Keep up the great work George, and I look forward to reading more of your posts over the next few weeks.

    Cheers,

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete