Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 - Day 4 - Activity 1

DAY 4: Like a Scene Out of a Movie
Activity 1: The Southern Lights [4 points]
For this activity, you are to write a short acrostic word poem about the beautiful lights. Hazel has written an acrostic poem about summer to give you an example.
S - Sun outside,
U - Umbrellas in the sand.
M -  My friends and I, having fun,
M - Making sandcastles,
E - Enjoying ice cream on a hot day,
R - Racing to the beach!


For this activity, you are to write a short acrostic word poem about the beautiful lights. Hazel has written an acrostic poem about summer to give you an example.
On your blog, use the word ‘LIGHTS’ to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!
L - Lights are shining in the sky
I - I am looking at the beautiful lights
G - Going to come again to watch the lights
H - How does it happen?
T - Ton of people were amazed
S - Some people didn't show up

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora George,

    Great effort here!

    You know what part I like the best? H! Where it says "how does does it happen?" I like that angle that you take. Also S - some people didn't show up! This is a great poem! Do you like writing poetry normally?

    I'm a big fan of poetry and like writing it myself. I've even performed it on stage before!

    Keep up your amazing writing George, it's great!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete